Monday, April 18, 2011

egg colouring

 Well, this was our Easter egg colouring weekend. I had a plan, but it didn't quite go as I had planned....


I had seen Martha do these eggs and I thought that they looked so pretty. Naturally I wanted to make some of them myself. I put long strips of electrical tape on pieces of wax paper. Then I cut the pieces of tape in half (lengthwise). I peeled off the pieces and wrapped them around the eggs.
Now I think that two major things went wrong here. Despite my best efforts, colour seeped under the tape :(
Also, I had picked up an egg colouring kit (I don't know why) and I wish that we would have just used regular 'ol food colouring. The colour was uneven and splotchy AND no matter how long we left them in the dye, they really didn't become very vibrant.


However, none of this really matter because Claire had loads of fun colouring the eggs, dropping them in the dye, and wrapping the tape on the eggs. Although her favorite part of colouring the eggs may have been that she was allowed to wash her hands and play with the water in the sink after we were all done. I don't know why we buy that child toys!

Linking up with: Skip to my Lou & ABC and 123 Learning & Tatertots and Jello

4 comments:

  1. Even if it didn't go as planned, I think they're still gorgeous. I love all the pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they turned out so cute! I used to love coloring eggs with the kids when they were little--fun, fun!

    Visiting from Tatertots and Jello's party. It's great to find your blog.

    Happy Easter!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you as we color our eggs today! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, so glad tou bookmarked me :)
    Happy Easter,
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! We've done the electrical tape thing the last two years & didn't have problems with the dye getting underneath. We did strips, squared, pretty much anything we could cut the tape into. We even tried Martha's technique of applying the tape and dying the egg one color. Then move the tape over slightly & dye in another color. I wonder if putting the tape on wax paper first messed up the stickiness so it didn't adhere as well? But y'alls eggs look cute! Even as an adult I still love to decorate Easter eggs :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...